Do you enjoy drawing? Did you use to? Whether you are completely new to drawing, a seasoned hobbyist, or a professional artist, the StoryLines Meetup will be happy to welcome you. Join for a relaxed sketching evening among like-minded peers at FabCafe Tokyo, at the very heart of Shibuya.
Sat, March 25, 2023 UTC+09:00
17:30 – 19:30
The StoryLines Drawing Meetup takes place once a month at FabCafe Tokyo. Sharpen your pencils, charge your iPad, and drop by to sketch, chat and have fun! You can work on your own illustrations or take inspiration from our Prompts Box. We will have a bit of time at the end to exchange insights and encouragement.
All artist skill levels and people of all ages are welcome!
Just drop in! You are welcome to join anytime between 17:30 and 19:30, and you can stay for as long as you wish. Booking your spot in advance is required for capacity management purposes, but participation is completely free. Organizers only request to please order one drink at the cafe counter.
- Sketch and doodle, let your lines wander freely and see where they take you.
- Take the chance to work on that drawing study or practice you’ve had on your to-do list for too long now.
- Work on your own illustrations, comics, animations or other projects.
- Choose one drawing prompt from our Prompts Box to explore unexpected and inspiring topics.
Bring your drawing tools of choice. Anything you have at home and enjoy using!
- Pens, pencils, color pencils, markers.
- Sketchbooks or notebooks.
- Small watercolor sets.
- Digital tablets.
*Please note that we will be using the FabCafe tables, and that easels or stands for big canvases will not be provided. The organizers recommend bringing simple sketching and drawing tools and avoiding oil paints, pastels and other art supplies that might require special care.
- Those who want to connect with the FabCafe creative community
- Those who are interested in drawing and want to interact with artists and amateurs from Japan and abroad.
- Those who want to try their hand at drawing. No prior experience is needed!